Five Items I Use Every Day in My College Dorm Room

This past summer I scoured Pinterest to find essentials for my college dorm room. There were so many lists and tips that it was easy to get overwhelmed. Here is my list of items that I use every day in my dorm room. While the cost of everything was a bit much for me upfront, I find that I have saved money in the long run from some of these investments.

1. Coffee Maker
If you are like me and have a caffiene addiction, some sort of cofee maker is a must. I purchase eco-friendly K-Cups in bulk to reduce the cost and to be more environmentally friendly. 
 I use this one from Target. I bought it on sale for $55 in August.

2. Comfy Chair
The chair provided by my college is not very comfortable. My roommate and I both bought comfortable chairs within the first month of arriving at school because we needed a location to relax in our room other than our bed. 
The chair I purchased from Target is no longer available on their website, but I attached the original picture of it above. 

3. Brita Filter Water Pitcher
I don't have much to say about this but it is definitely an essential for any dorm room. I would suggest buying a couple of filters when you buy the pitcher because it is inconvenient to have to go out and buy more in the middle of the school year.

4. A Reusable Water Bottle
A reusable water bottle is an absolute essential on my campus. Not only is it eco-friendly, but it will save money in the long run. My campus has a water bottle filler on top of most water fountains so I fill my 40 oz bottle up every morning and I am set for the rest of the day.
I use this one from HydroFlask. It is expensive, but I have used it every day for two years now.

5. A Back Pillow
Similarly to the comfy chair, a back pillow helps to create comfy spots in my room. I am writing this post propped up against a back pillow on my bed. I find that it is helpful if I am working on an assignment or just watching a video on my laptop.



Comments